Thursday 25 June 2015

Day 4 - my Birthday!!

I was up with the larks to bake a basic Vicky Sponge for the staffroom as well as the little choc fudge ones I did last night! I didn't even lick the spoon! 
The best one I ever made! 

Day 4's meals were delicious as it goes! 
The spinach blast was refreshing. Maybe my tastebuds are adapting now! 
Lunch was gorgeous! Chicken and broad bean soup. I'm going to have that again! Tea was pasta with a decent tomato sauce AND Parmesan cheese! Such luxury! 
Supper looked DISGUSTINGLY swamp like. However, 
Do not be fooled! Kale, Apple, banana and coconut water is ridiculously delectable! Again, I'd have no qualms about having this again! 
So I feel fabulous on this lovely special day! Full of health and self righteous goodness!! Smugly vitaminned up to my eyeballs! Totally spoilt too! 
The big box turned out to be..... 

A SEWING MACHINE!! 

Infinitely better than a bucket of groundbait!! 
Not only that, but an OVERLOCKER! Not that I've ever used one but I suspect I'll be overlocking everything in sight! 
Plus I've been treated to a Glass Jug for Beryl- I've wished for one forever.  I also got some books, scissors, new pompon makers and a hairdryer! 

I just need an extension building now for a sewing room! I'm beyond gasted!! Beyond Flabbered!! 

My darling offspring presented me with a gorgeous bracelet. 

They had it engraved too! 
I've had a trillion birthday messages from lots of lovely people. Cards and presents. I'm truly spoilt! 

Work gems included 
Me: so what was the moral of the story? 
( The answer was.. Always stick to what you know best )
Child: Never tie yourself to a cow!!!!

Same child later on writing a simile describing 'mum'
'She's as kind as a hamster' 

My class also sang a very rousing rendition of Happy Birthday. 

It's now 10:16pm. This tired Birthday Girl is off to bed! 

Thank you also Tracey for my curry powder! I may use this on Day 8! 

Mmm peaches for breakfast tomorrow. 
I'm surprised I've stuck this out but it's now no longer an ordeal! 

Lots of love from 

Rachel *happiest most blessed girl on the planet* Radiostar xxx 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday for yesterday Rachel (Friday morning here). You really are earnest with sticking to this week long diet thingy aren't you - is there a new frock to wear at the end of it?
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy, the only frocks waiting for me are the ones that are too small!! Maybe I'll just see myself a bigger one lol xx

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday 🎂 again, Rachel. Glad you had such a good time and some lovely pressies and cards. Well done for sticking with the healthy eating. I'm afraid I succumbed to cupcakes (plural) yesterday, so its smoothies and soup for me today. Will be interested to see how you get on with the overlocker. Have a good day, love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Helen x you were simply enjoying the cakes on my behalf! Breakfast was calorific this morning - it was on the plan. Peaches, Apple, pear and banana! Yum! I can't wait for the time to play with the new machine x

      Delete
  3. A belated Happy Birthday.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Hats off to you for sticking to your spinachfest rather you than me. I don't mind it as an accompaniment to a dish but not as the main deal. The Peaches. apples and banana's sound better. Have lots of fun with your new toy and love the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, happy birthday for yesterday bloggy chum. What a lovely-sounding day. I'm extremely jealous of your overlocker as I want one. Used it on the recent dress and crikey it's fast and efficient. It cuts the excess material away at the same time as neatening up the edge of the fabric. Jolly Useful for Sewing People. Well done for sticking to the diet too and glad it's making you feel tippety-top xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like you had a great day with lots of lovely presents. That Victoria Sandwich looks scrumptious, definitely more aesthetically pleasing than the drink although I believe you when you say it was delicious. Just proves that looks can be very deceiving xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a day late, but Happy, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a corking day!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big fat congratulations, albeit a bit late. That cake looks very tasty. Lucky you with your sewing machine. X

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!