Wednesday 5 April 2023

Wet Wednesday

 Well the two glorious days of sunshine n Monday and Tuesday were lovely. I had a full line of whites on the line and I washed the chair cover and enjoyed a coffee on my bench for the first time this year. Bluebell was delighted to be outside most of the day. 


It’s very drizzly today.
We have yet to venture out beyond the garden. I have finished the fan jigsaw and it’s now destined for my equally jigsaw mad sister. 

And you’d be hard pressed to pick out the ‘chewed by Bluebell, repaired by Rachel’ piece now carefully sellotaped into a three piece starter block! Oops! 
I was going to make jam today, I’ve a huge bag of fair share raspberries clump frozen into a massive block and I’ve a couple of punnets of strawberries. But I need sugar. So that’s a job for next week. I started this blog post first thing and it’s now tea time. It’s rained all day and Bluebell got suitably soggy and muddy on our walk. 
So me and the HG have been watching Brookside- a couple of episodes a night. It’s like visiting a Beamish Museum in your own living room. It’s fascinating to see the sets and the props. A little horror too in one scene- set at the train station and there on a massive billboard, a smiling icon of the times urging us to take the train- of course what we know now, the monster Jimmy Saville turned out to be.
Things that have struck me are the style of the cars, the fact they’ve all moved into new build houses that don’t have central heating or telephones installed! Also, all of them make tea in a tea pot! A full tea set is used! None of this tea bag in a cup nonsense! 
When I was a girl we couldn’t watch Brookside for two reasons 1. We didn’t get Ch4 for ages after it was launched and me Dad couldn’t stand scouse accents! One of the characters has been made redundant and had to leave his posh life in the Wirral. Bobby Grant played by Ricky Tomlinson is on strike and there are anti Thatcher posters up! And as a grown up looking at him, he was a very handsome man back in the day! 
Anyway, Maundy Thursday tomorrow and I’m off into town with Mum for lunch. We will have to take our brollies! 
Lots of love from 
Rachel *Brookside is great* Radiostar xxx






2 comments:

  1. I watched the start of Pretty Woman a few days ago and was shocked at the fashions and cars. We all loved that film. Two days of sun here, which was brilliant . Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home made raspberry jam - how absolutely wonderful and you've given me an idea, thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!