Saturday 8 April 2023

Sunny Saturday

 It was a lovely fine Good Friday. Bluebell got a new ball and sorry to those who have already seen but I impressed my little self with the pics! Garden does need sorting and I’ve lost my palm plant ( which I’m not mourning ) and Madam is not good for my grass but the rhubarb is growing overnight!! 










My shoulders were incredibly painful yesterday so I took it easy. 

Today I was up afore 6am. The dawn chorus was loud and varied. So far I’ve turned my fair share freezer burn raspberries, blueberries and some yellow sticker strawberries into a lovely glossy mixed fruit jam. I’m very haphazard how I make it but it all turns out ok in the end. 




I resurrected Bundon from the fridge and have mixed the discard with some fresh strong bread flour and tepid water to make sourdough pizza for tea. He’s been fed and I’ll start tomorrow’s load later on once he’s got properly going! It’s so much easier now the air temp has increased! I’ve a few eggs on to boil too for salad sandwiches. Going to peg out now! 

Taking Bluebs to the shore once the butcher has been and then I’ve my hair cut due at 4. 

Have a lovely Saturday everyone. 


Lots of love from 

Rachel *got lots of paperwork sorted too* Radiostar xxx

2 comments:

  1. I do love your photo's the ball does catch the light. I must peel myself from this computer and get going, have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can be so very casual with amounts in jam making and it pretty much always works well. Your jam sounds absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!