Tuesday 7 March 2023

Awful awful day

 Well, after a lovely weekend, the day started sunny, bright and clear. I was in a happy jolly mood as I set off to work. 

I greeted a few parents and children on the way. Got to my room and hadn’t even taken my coat off when a colleague said 

Oh Rachel you won’t have heard. 


Heard what? 



Then she proceeded to tell me that my childhood friend, who also works at our school and has done for many years - had let school know that her husband had suffered a massive stroke and was (currently on life support with no hope of recovery. 



Stunned. Stopped like being slammed into by a double decker. The headache and awful feeling of helplessness etc has been overwhelming and the staff at school have collectively got through it today with brave faces. 


Where’s there’s life, there’s hope. 

Always hope. 

My poor poor darling friend and her son. Her beautiful love of her life, warts n all did not deserve this. 

Live your life people. Every single day. 


8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Rachel. Life is a bitch sometimes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awful shock and horrible happening.
    Hope you hear that things are improving very soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just awful, I am so sorry to read this. My thoughts go out to them and also to all of you. Much love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, life is bloody awful at times, I hope your friend finds strength through her dark period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel, so sorry. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take time to let it sink in, my lovely lady. It's ok to hibernate to manage that grief bubble. Know that I'm here for you, anytime you need to talk. Love as always. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life can be so cruel, thoughts and prayers for your bestie. Love and hugs Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!