Saturday 11 February 2023

A sorrowful short story

 Sadly, Susan and I have sought a separation. The situation went south. More stagnant than sour and she’s sashayed out of the scullery. She said things were frosty between us. I said the cost of living prevented me leaving the heating on all day and my kitchen is delightfully cool and I’m not posh enough for a proving drawer. She said I was posh enough to use organic flour and I said well she was spoilt from the start , letting her sleep in the spacious set up she had.  I said she was actually a non starter so she was now surplus to requirements. Sullenly and slowly, she sludged her way down the sink towards the sea and I went to a supermarket to spend my dough on a ready baked  loaf from the bakery! 


Love from Rachel *starting again with Sally in the Spring, with a smaller jar and none organic flour* Radiostar xxx 


8 comments:

  1. It’s me Rachel - commenting on my own blog - as anonymous! My blogger is borked I think!
    Anyway Inknow that liquid you see on the top of the sourdough starter is called hooch I think and it indicated the starter needs feeding but my mix had not risen and fallen and showed no signs of life plus I left it too long so that’s why I’ve decided to start again in a few weeks when room temp is up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a promising start It must be disappointing. Better luck next time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will find the Right One (expect to kiss a few frogs before you find the Handsome Prince!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! RIP Susan!
    Blogger has been playing up for ages, I have to sign in everytime I comment but sometimes forget in the exitement ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger will allow me to post on my phone, but all comments come out as anonymous, which is strange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent story but sorry you had to part company from your friend but your horoscope says a new friendship will be made when the weather is warmer. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, you do make me laugh Rachel! xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!