Wednesday 10 February 2016

Quote of the day

Came from a cherub in my class, who I'd been nagging er I mean gently encouraging to grip their pen correctly and write neatly. Much whinging went on ( them ), much scathing looks went on ( me ) until said child lifted up their arm and let it flop on the desk. 
They declared, over dramatically, in my professional opinion, that they simply could not write anymore. 
Why?? 

" My arm has fainted."
My face! 

Other things I have dealt with today included sorting out an incident where one child smacked another child in the face with a pencil case. No one was harmed, and to be fair, the hittee thoroughly deserved it and I was really on the hitter's side! In fact I'd have urged harder thwacking with a larger pencil case!!! 
But as is the case, the hittee wasn't even hurt ( where's there's no brains there's no sense my  beloved Nanna used to say) but the hitter was punished and was truly admonished! 

I often use my secret weapon at school. For certain Angels, I have been known to whack them from here to kingdom come with my imaginary frying pan! It's so heavy,  - it's a Le Creuset, I have to hold it with two imaginary hands. 
Sometimes I fantasise about holding  one cherub by the feet, swinging them round and round in a circle, like an Olympic hammer thrower, and letting go and taking out a row of more cherubs! It's imaginary moments such as these that keep me sane!  

Lots of love from 

Rachel *I bloody love my job* Radiostar! 


21 comments:

  1. They do say no sense no feeling! The poor hitter! I love the idea of the fainting arm! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I keep a straight face some days!!

      Delete
  2. Lord your imaginery antics are akin to old style Tom and Jerry. Love it even though I am a girl of peace. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord your imaginery antics are akin to old style Tom and Jerry. Love it even though I am a girl of peace. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am a girl of peace, who is actually really soft, but like in Tom and Jerry, non of the cherubs are harmed in my daydreams!!!

      Delete
  4. Teacher, I can't get up, my legs have fainted!!!! I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny I really don't know where you get the patience to deal with these little darlings. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of counting to ten, walking away and loving my holidays!!

      Delete
  6. Hee hee hee hee - they say the funniest things!J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really going to miss this class, they've six of the best comedy producers in there. No other class comes close.

      Delete
  7. I am so nicking that for when I don't feel like cooking.....so funny.
    Are you by any chance related to Miss Trunchbull of Matilda fame......rofl-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just reminded me Sheila, the fainting arm child, on our London trip, after we went to see Matilda, had leaned over to me and said, don't tell anyone, but I think Miss Trunchbull. Is. Actually. A. Man.

      Lol lol lol Miss Trunchbull was played quite brilliantly and obviously to the grown ups, by a bloke!!!

      Delete
  8. Arm fainting - I'm going to try that one today! Not sure what I'm snorting more at your imaginary (are you sure now?) frying pan or the arm fainter xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww I just love little kids! I'd love a cup of tea in your staffroom, you must have a blast x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it "My arm's fainted" I could have so much fun with this
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! What more can I say? Penny Lxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fainting arm is brilliant, however, I am very worried about your Le Creuset fantasy. Half term has clearly arrived at just the right moment :o) XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. We always used to keep our hands behind our backs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should patent your imaginary frying pan and run courses on how to use it. It'd be a roaring success in schools up and down the country. Love the fainting arm, the little b*****s can be so funny at times. xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!