Friday 12 February 2016

All by myself...

This is my anthem today! I'm covering the class. We may or may not do the work left! I shall judge it minute by minute! I've got a cracking headache though so this may not bode well for me and my chatty lot! Individually, they are all brilliant children. Not one of them has any sinister streaks, who are mean or nasty. Not one of my current class could ever be accused of bullying. They really are a good natured lot. They just can be daft. A big bunch of them - daft and last to be quiet. This really winds me up if I let it. When this group of up to 8 are on Planet Silly,  everyone suffers! They don't seem to care that they miss play times, golden time etc . Tellings off - water off a ducks back! Infuriating !! ( I'd have the parents in but I'm not the class teacher! ) 
Let's hope I don't need my Le Creuset today! But I'm wearing it, just in case!! 

Anyway,
I have a real 'ahhhhh factor' story here about my boy ( who was perfectly behaved in school ). 

Yesterday, in his apprentice role, he accompanied his colleague on a call out to an elderly Rusdian lady's house. They've been before to sort out printers and emails etc. Anyway, while his colleague was fixing whatever it was she'd called them out for, she was talking to Mr 18 about her husband who had died. She was telling him how he was a musician and had written songs for her. 
Mr 18, off his own back, sorted out some software and some computer thingy wotsits which enabled her, for the first time, since he died, to hear her husband singing to her. 

*pauses for you all to get a tissue and wipe your tears*

Wasn't that just the nicest thing to do for someone! He was made up though because she gave him a tenner! His first tip! He's spending it tonight, on a trip to the cinema with his mates. 

Right, my trip to Sainsrobbers was fruitful. If you count the strawberries on the half price cake I bought! 
I also bought half price packs of good quality cooked meats - stashed in the freezer for salads and packed lunches. And the haul of the trip...

A great big whopping chunk of prime Aberdeen Angus scotch beef! Down £18.99 to £10.99 ! I snaffled it up and it's currently nestling in the freezer next to the free range Bronze turkey I got for £6 the other week. It will either be slow roasted at Easter or I may leave it till Summer to cook it on the BBQ! I'll get 4 meals easily out of it it's so big! Bargain!


Breakfast today is a marmite butty. Recipe and the ode I wrote to it, above! I might get my class to write some food poems today just for a giggle. I'll get them to make them funny! 

Right, I'm going to do a little knitting as I wait for the shower. I'll show you next time. Hope your Friday is marvellous ! 

Lots of love from 

Rachel * nine hours till Freedom* Radiostar xxx 


19 comments:

  1. Awwww, what a lovely thing for him to do, I can't imagine how happy the lady must be now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really gave me a lump in my throat when he told me! X

      Delete
  2. You do make me laugh! Fantastic bargain on the beef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound lad there. An Ode to Marmite, oh yes, bring it on. I like the stronger stuff, nice and "roof of the mouth burning" thick. Yes and it has to be thick cut white bread and butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once asked my sister to make me a marmite butty as I was running late for college. She made it how you like it. I nearly spat it out I. The middle of a crowded common room! Too much of a good thing!!!! Xx

      Delete
  4. That's lovely of Mr 18 to do that. Initiative and kindness, the boy's a definite catch for some young lady out there! Great bargain from Sainsburys. Ooh I'm a 'love it' girl re. the marmite. Haven't had it for ages, now I'm going to have to go out and buy some. Not long now before you've got a full 9 days off. Being at home is lovely but there's never that Friday feeling or end of term feeling that I used to love so much. Or for that matter any more end of term nights out :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww do you never go see your old work chums. I bet they miss you massively on end of term outings X

      Delete
  5. What a lovely thing for your son to do....bless him.
    OMG.....something you and I don't agree on....Marmite....yuck.
    I used to live in the town where they make it....just down the road from the factory actually. The smell was gross and any washing I used to put out on boiling up day used to come in with a nasty yellow tinge to it. Enough to put you off it for life-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you buy it cheap direct from the factory? Yellow marmitey washing! How mad!

      Delete
  6. Lovely thing to do, your shopping skills are recorded, let us know when the BBQ is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be on that one, hot, sunny, non rainy day in Summer. Probably about the 27th April!!!

      Delete
  7. Marmite on toast - my favourite breakfast. You must post your poem - it was too small for me to make out.
    What a wonderful son.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a good day with your group! Your son is wonderful isn't he! All due to his great Mum of course!! Happy Valentines! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Marmite shape of your poem. Nice touch! xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!