Sunday 5 January 2014

Was a busy day in the end

B
This sad, tragic photo is what's left of Christmas 2013. But my new swanky Hoover soon cleared it up in no time! I had planned on a lazy Saturday. However, the tree coming down was a three hour job - heart tiring.
Then the Uni one needed her laptop sorting - brain tiring.
I made Lasagne from the Hairy Bikers book 1.
. What a faff! Every pot n pan used. - dishwasher tiring!
White sauce - the speckles are nutmeg and black pepper.
The meat sauce. This is utterly delicious. 
The leeks, prepped to be used as pasta sheets.
50g of Dewlay's Garstang light and 25g freshly grated Parmesan.

It all gets assembled and baked in the oven for 30 minutes. I'd give it an 8/10, mainly for the meat sauce. It's very tasty, a good portion for under 370 calories. The leeks are tricky to cut through though, even though I followed the recipe precisely. 
Layer up the meat and 'pasta' like you would normally. This recipe is for six. I reckon it'd easy serve eight. Sprinkle the cheese on the top layer 

Then add sliced tomatoes. ( Non for the HG! ) 
TA daaah! 
I made the Teenager, who despises tomatoes in any shape or form a pasty with the meat sauce but without tomatoes! 
One for today n the freezer. 

Then I ruined any good work by making this! 
By Paul Hollywood! I did the pastry one handed too!! 

Mmmm cheese! 
 Yum! I have to admit to a slightly soggy bottom!! 

So that was what I did! 
What about you? 

2 comments:

  1. I took the decorations down then vacuumed the house from top to bottom...cleaned the bathroom...cursed the falling snow.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting lasagne. I'm not keep on pasta so might make one of those for myself. Gave you seen the Hairy Bikers diet club on twitter? they are retweeting some good recipes.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!