Tuesday 4 July 2023

Sunday

 Hi everyone, 

The weekend is almost over. I feel rested and relaxed but have not done all that I wanted. But that’s ok! 

I did get my hands on a giant blue spiky thistle


that’s swarming with bees you can see one incoming!!! and it looks lovely in my border.

The lovely Marlene left a comment on my last post saying my garden was posh! 

I carefully crop out the ‘steptoes yard’ bits of the garden because they displease me! My garden is a basic oblong shape with one beautiful original stone wall and along most of this is my one border. At the house end there’s a bit which used to be a rickety but it’s now been one of the area’s the HG stores his ‘treasure’ - you know, bits of timber for jobs etc and we’ve two spare recycling boxes on there that has kindling in. There’s a knackered charming concrete path that runs parallel to the border and I have a lawn which the HG is currently regenerating ( but losing the battle thanks to Bluebell ).


Along the back wall is the bike shed built but not finished yet by the HG. Most of my garden is fully double glazed haha. He made the gate. The bins used to be on the other wall behind the goat’s beard but now for ease of access they are attached to the bike shed by the nifty little bin holders that my Dad invented! Behind the rockery is the outside toilet - fully double glazed but half way through getting the roof repaired. Across is what used to be my herb garden. I’ve grown my bay tree from a twiglet and it’s as old as Miss29. The HG will shape it next week hopefully when the neighbours are away. Along the lawn and the other boundary is my fence - once in blue concrete and painted blue. I’ve got the paint to redo it all. Just not enough time at the moment.  You can see the fence here! 

Just Bluebell jumping over some makeshift garden agility! This view out of my back bedroom window shows you the full plot! It’s not changed probably in all the years it’s been here except that big Goat’s Beard was twice the size and in the middle of the lawn when the HG bought the house from his Nanna and Uncles. 

It’s now Tuesday evening, the tennis is on and I’m zapping my legs! It’s really improving my leg health I think! Although, last night I think I went too high at 65 and my legs were tired today!! See how I get on by the end of the week. 


Bye everyone 
R x



5 comments:

  1. Bins are the problem, always in the way, when Pauline moved in next door, both households decided to put bins on our shared drive, the garden looks much better without them, and I get more room to fill. Love your garden and double love your bunting. Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thistle, Rachel - such a fabulous blue colour. I love the picture of Bluebell in flight, ears flying for extra lift! Good to hear that your leg machine is still helping; I have got as far as opening the Boots website and finding it! My knees ache so at the moment so I will be interested at how much yours improve. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thistle is such a gorgeous colour, and the garden looks lovely. I've given up with trying to improve my lawn. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a blue spiky thistle, have lots in my garden and the bee are all over them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here in Midwestern USA (Michigan) we know that blue flower as "sea holly". I have no idea why it has that name but when I grew it I found it to be very invasive. Except when one wanted to move a plant - and then the massive tap root meant you never got it all.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!