Thursday 27 July 2023

Day 1 Summer hols 2023

Hi everyone! 

Monday I started this …. By 9.30am I’d broken one side of my make up mirror. Fortunately it wasn’t the magnified side which I now need all the time. With no sellotape to have I’ve patched the three points of the break with a plaster! I’ve cleared and tidied and hoovered all down the side and behind my bed, bedside table and mantlepiece. I’ve sorted some washing away. Put my make up away and set off the washer. Bleached the bathroom and generally pottered! 11 jobs on the go, none quite finished! 

Pause for a break!! 

Picking it back up, it’s now Thursday. I’m blogging whilst zapping my legs. I can withstand level 70 now. It’s really really made a difference. It also comes with sticky pads that deliver the same electro therapy but also works as a TENs machine. Both have been used and appreciated on my shoulders! 

So each day I’ve tackled a real grot spot meaning I’ve a little bit of cleaner space each day!! Yesterday I did all my lanterns n the like off the sideboard! Talk about a before and after!! I’ll share the filth on my duster! 



I’ve switched things about and now grouped all my house plants onto my coffee table in the lounge. They seem to be clinging onto life in my house against all odds!! Today, just now, I’ve just done my cutlery drawer and tray - how it gets so disgusting when all I put in the drawer is clean items is a mystery! 

Anyway my inner sense of achievement is satisfied today! 

Yesterday I did half an hour of chopping in the garden. My hibiscus plants have gone absolutely beserk this year. So many buds and so many beautiful flowers. 



It’s raining that fine mist just now that soaks you through right now but so got all my washing done yesterday and the HG cut the grass. It’s looking much better now. A couple months ago he scarified it all, levelled it, seeded it and re seeded and feeded haha fed it. We will always be fighting a losing battle because of Bluebell and Freddie is coming next week so double attack!! 

I’m going out for lunch today with my friends from work. It’s an annual event and we usually meet for lunch at 12 and I get home by midnight! 

I don’t think it will be as epic today because we are meeting slightly later and the wet weather will keep us inside and so probably drinking less! 

The HG and Mr 26 will have to fend for themselves for tea! Poor them! I’m

Not sure what I will have. Oo last night I tried a new fish cake from Mr Marks n Sparks and one was enough with some peas for a tasty and filling meal! 100% recommend. Baked in the oven and a good 3inch deep! Very tasty. Probably could make but faffy! My sourdough starter is still alive! 

The news is on at the minute reporting on the energy form profits. Well, I had two new smart meters fitted last December just before Christmas. We’ve one of those scary look at how much it’s costing you to boil the kettle smart devices in the kitchen. Only the gas meter failed to connect and it’s taken me until now with only real action after threat of official complaint to finally secure an engineer AT THE END OF AUGUST to come and connect my gas meter. I’ve been told it’s been operating in legacy mode. Now I do not know what that is but I do know we made a MASSIVE effort to really only put the heating on when it was super cold. It’s a new boiler so efficient and I am proper narked that I’ve no idea what the gas bill truly is. I’ve all the meter readings from the last meter and the day the meter was installed. 
It had better be good news has bill wise I tell thee. I am fully prepared for the bill to be high as even though I am sure I reduced units used, the price hike will have negated any savings. The electric is showing as £1.50 ish every morning before I even get up. So that’s things charging overnight, two fridge freezers, the clock radio, the dehumidifier in the cellar and the three TVs in the house on stand by. 
I’m thinking of emptying the cellar fridge freezer and only turning it on at Xmas. But I worry incase it won’t switch on and I do use the freezer! 
Anyway in other news I’ve joined the local food for all. My reasons are mainly 1. I hate food waste.
2. Need to help out the bank accounts where ever possible. ( know I know, buying M&S fish cakes is not frugal I hear folks saying ) but the HG is self employed and as his firm who he subcontracts to has recently been taken over, work has not been steady and reliable. The money is slightly better but has been nullified by the days where there’s been no work. Sigh. Never better off. But we are lucky to be better off that a lot of folks. 
Right so the dog walker just came to collect Bluebell ( another £££ I could save BUT I am going out for lunch - we have been saving £5 each payday to cover this - with the girls from work and I can now go get ready at leisure without stressing that Bluebell will be on her own!! The dog walker collects her at 9.30 and brings her back filthy and tired about 2.30 for £10 ! Cannot complain! She has her own field and has a group of dogs at once. And she is like a second Mum to Bluebell ! Although Bluebell will need a bath when I get in because I’ve washed her beds ! 
Am rambling on now. 

Bye everyone
R x



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your lunch, sounds fun. Hubby commented on the value shown on our smart meter when he gets in the kitchen each morning, it's almost doubled what it used to be. We did a small shop in Lidls today, just fridge stuff and some fruit, +£80, it's a nightmare and not getting any better. We are lucky, our mortgage is paid off, so no nasty shocks there. Marlene, Poppypatchwork

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!