Tuesday 10 January 2012

ROGOF!!!

( That's Read One Get One Free)
I have left it so inexcusibly long between posts that I have much to say and I had ideas for LOADS of rambly old nonsensey bloggy posts ( now forgotten but they  probably only served to satistfy myself!)

So I say you Read one, you read one free, I say you read one, you read one free. ( Only UK viewers who have seen the SAFESTYLE windows adverts will understand that! ) Unless...( interrupts typing to go on Youtube) Time 16:14

16:16 wow that was quick! Now my international readers can share the brainwashing effect of this advert. Please note that although this man is Northern, he sounds nowt like me!.

Sooo first up heeeeeeres HARRY.
Little Cherub on his first Birthday
So January The 8th 2013 was a very special day indeedy. Little Harry Thomas turned one year old. Also he was baptised in a gorgeous old church
by a stern 'ooo matron'  kind of Vicar of Dibly lady vicar, and he stole the hearts of everyone.

 His mama had (quite rightly ) banned any mention of BRB and the C word so Harry was this day not defined by anything other than being the splendid little chap that he is.

Now I know relatives are biased but he really is the most gorgeous little boy. He was as good as gold all day.
My best moment, apart from being Godmother, was when the whole church sang Happy Birthday to him; Lisa held him up and I swear he knew he was the star of the show and he gave the most heart melty smile ever!. Then we all had lovely cups of tea and William cutely snaffled about 7 biscuits off the nice grandmas.

Then Off T'Tpub for a party!. Harry obligingly smiled and gurgled and snuggled without complaint. Had some lovely lunch - although Lisa did warn people not to squeeze him too tightly afterwards as she didn't want his sweet potato and carrot surprise being cascaded down his lovely white outfit! ( I LOVE rites of passages )
He then slept like a baby whilst the other three angels stepped in to entertain to gathering and the older cousins took charge whilst the adults stuffed their faces with the delicious spread...

OOPS  - I HIT PUBLISH INSTEAD OF SAVE! - I HAVE TO GO NOW _ WILL BE BACK SOONE TO TELL YOU WHAT WAS IN THE DELICIOUS BANQUET BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE DYING TO KNOW> THIS DEAR READER IS I AM SURE WHAT IS KNOWN IN LITERACY CIRCLES AS A CLIFF HANGER...

OK Here I am next day to quickly finish off this post as Lisa is comig to see me VERY soon!

This is a photo taken over 100 years ago and do you know what? It is EXACTLY the same! Except the grass is green these days.
The pub we wet to was lovely and old-  see above ( Do you sense a theme here?) The food was divine! £12 a head! Twelve frigging quid a head! It was nice but not sure it was worth that! Here is a selection of what made it down my oesaphagus. Hot saucy chicken, butties with coleslaw in them, salady stuff, posh fish fingers ( and by that I don't mean Birds Eye ones I mean real fish cut up by real hands dipped in real batter and fried in a real fryer ), french fries & some potato salad. I didn't have egg sandwiches, giant potato wedges, smoked salmon or quiche, sausage rolls and ketchup! Not a pork pie in sight. I thought this was a right of passage. I thought it was the LAW to have pork pie at such occasions.  It was lovely. Most of the £12 probably went on the arty farty slate tiles they were served on. My dad suggested we each take one home so I could repair my outside toilet roof! Unfortunately I was the only one with a bag big enough. Only one would fit. Besides stealing is WRONG.
I also had two glasses of delicious Baileys as I'd been craving some all Christmas and I didn't have any in!

It was a lovely relaxed afternoon. A very special, lovely day for very special, lovely people. :)

A lot of the day myself, Lisa and Mr D were doing a lot of
" This time last year....."
You can read all about the birthing etc in earlier posts.

Being at the birth of my two nephews ( Harry's older brother William was my first foray into midwifery! ) was the most magical but most heart wrenching thing at the same time. I was glad I was there for Lisa, I was incredibly lucky and touched to have been asked. If she does change her mind and does it again - then so will I.

I don't know if I can write it - eyes prickling now) but to see those little heads making their way into the world, then that baby being handed to his mama, reminded me of my little baby being shown to me. That sweet little  perfect angel born too soon and the lovely nurse saying Oh Rachel in that voice is the moment that I replay over and over sometimes at three and four in the morning when I can't sleep.

O gosh, can'y see to type....











Sorry - I just had a moment there. Pulled myself together now. Locked it all away again. I HATE when it sneaks through like that and takes my breath away with the force it does.

I'll sign off now - this post was about Harry's happy day. I will keep everything in because I wrote it out. I'll be fine xx

2 comments:

  1. £12 friggin quid indeed, but it was deeelicious.
    Thanks for being Harry's godmother - no-one else could step up to the mark. It was a lovely BRB free day, and I was sad when it ended x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day, family is very much what its all about.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!