Monday 23 May 2016

Skinny Toes

I've been trying and succeeding in making the scales go a little way in the right direction. Not much to shout home about. Nowhere near enough to get my BMI even close to my Blog Title but slowly but surely it's going down. Not that you can tell. Except yesterday, I had to take my shoes in! 
Clearly any weight I'm losing is going off my feet! Doesn't matter I need it off my triple chins and massive hippo tummy. My feet. Slender toes, that's me! Oh and I had to take my watch in a notch too! I'm all about the wrists and the feet. 

Quick search on good old google images found this recent photo of myself. 
 See, look how slender my wrists and feet are!! 

Quick look at my pretty flowers! 

This year, for the first time I can recall, these two peonies are in flower together. I've wrote about these before. They are allowed to stay in my blue/purple garden because they were the HG's Grandmother's. I've three varieties. The cerise pink one is traditionally the first one out. It then tends to bloom for a day and then get smashed to smithereens by storms! Next to flower is the big double pinky red ball one you see. Like I say, I've NEVER seen them bloom together before. Also I seem to have double the bloomage! The last of the three is the biggest both in stature and bloom. They are still in tight bud and weeks off. They will be at least 5ft tall and need staking. Really big football sized palest of pink frilly petalled balls of beauty! 

Yesterday, I did five loads of washing as we were out all day Saturday and I cleaned the bird feeders. 
You know that song from Mary Poppins..Feed the birds, tuppence a bag. 
More like a week's wages round here!! 
And before you comment on the amount of fat balls and suet, please remember that these are Northern birds - they likes their lard! They also likes their Niger seed, black sunflower seed, Sunflower hearts, peanuts, mixed seed, meal worms and Robin food! 
I've also got another feeder station at the other side of my garden and ground feeders and wall feeders! Lately though my arm is aching from all the saluting I'm doing as Mr n Mrs Magpie are often frolicking around the feast! I think I need to quit this superstition! They really are beautiful birds. 

Anyhow, what was I doing on Saturday? I'll have to tell you tomorrow! It's mad busy at work, I've barely got the time to hit 'publish'! 

I'll be back! 

Lots of love from

Rachel *Terminator* Radiostar xxx 

21 comments:

  1. The rest of you will follow the wrists and feet in time. Wow what a lot of feeders you must have some amazing visitors.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as many as I'd like! I want a woodpecker!

      Delete
  2. Love the flowers, the ankles and the wrists and it MUST be coming off other places as well! :-)
    Intrigued about Saturday!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my shoulders are thinner - my clothes are slipping off!

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of bird feeders - who are you, Tippi Hedren? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahahahaaaa that's funny - though sometimes the starlings do look a bit sinister lined up on the washing line ready to swoop

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, the slender feet syndrome, I have it, too. It does seem unfair that this is where the weight goes of first. I have come to love my double chin as I guess it is going t stay with me for a while, probably in the form of turkey flaps if the weight goes down a bit... I bet your garden is full of birds. I quite fancy propping up a chair and watch them for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop round anytime! I'm laughing at the old turkey wobble. I have one too

      Delete
  5. I'd like to hang a few bird feeders around the garden but the manic squirrel won't leave us alone and I don't want to encourage any more either. Smiling at you having to move the buckles on shoes and watches. Typical isn't it. But any loss is good so well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried squirrel busters? I've got one and they are really clever how they keep them off!

      Delete
  6. Loving the idea of lardy Northern birds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all about the wrists and ankles too! Why is it that odd parts of us lose weight and the bits we want it gone from stay the same! Aggh! You have a real smorgasbord there for the birds

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must spend all day topping up those feeders. That explains the wrists ;-). Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About once a week really but I clean them weekly too. Mealworms go out everyday. They adore them!

      Delete
  9. You make me laugh! Congratulations on your perfectly slim toes and wrists! You must have some happy birds. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bird feeders. As far as squirrels are concerned, dust the bird food with chili powder, squirrels don't like it and it doesn't affect the birds. (The squirrel will have a good feed of it to start with but watch it when it comes back the next day or so and takes the first sniff, you can almost see it recoil in horror ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a squirrel and I think I'd just probably spend a fortune on its own squirrel feeder and squirrel food!!

      Delete
  11. I am impatiently waiting for the one flower to open on the new peony pale pink) I planted last year. The old peony (dark pinky red) is flowering but seems to have all of it's flowers on one side for some reason-x-

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!