Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Hurty eye

This morning I manages to stab myself in the eye with a plastic wallet full of RE display letters. Result -  one streaming hurty eye. I did what any self respecting primary school worker would do - slap a cold wet paper towel on it. This eased the pain but I was alarmed at the kaleidoscope effect my eye gave everything I looked at.
The children at school were really really sweet and concerned. Bless them. ( They were out and out children of satan yesterday!)
By lunch the scary fuzzball sight had given way to the blurry double vision I have now. Using my extensive medical knowledge I have diagnosed a nasty scratch. If it is no better real soon  -  I may seek a second opinion!

 Off to take my son to karate now!

2 comments:

  1. You didn't even mention the eye when we talked! What good is all this medical training without giving unsolicited advice?!?!

    Is it better? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eryn - my heart just lifted a little - my little yahoo pop up popped up, doing it's job, tellingme you are online! Anyway thank you for your concern, my eye was perfectly ok after two days - but I was kinda scared for a while :) Eyes are precious things, and if you have two working ones you are very lucky and should NOT take them for granted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for leaving me your words. I l totally and utterly love reading what your thoughts are and I will try to always reply.