Sunday 28 June 2015

Day 7 at last!

I'm blogging this in the sunshine. I'll do my list of hints, tips, likes and dislikes tomorrow! Then, who knows what I'll find to write about! 
My day started early. 3am to be precise; I had to get up for an epic wee. Plus the HG had just returned from his school reunion and was busy telling me all about it! I then read some blogs to the soundtrack of his deep slumber before falling asleep myself probably around 5. 

I got up at 7, loaded the washer and set the dishwasher going. It was absolutely chucking it down. So I went back to those blogs and commented all over the shop! 
Day 7s breakfast was tomato and chilli and in all honesty neither myself or the daughter could face it so I'm afraid to say we rebelled and had a banana instead! She went off to work, I watched some telly with another brew! 
The HG surfaced around 11 and we caught up with this week's Masterchef. That Micsha Paris is bossy isn't she?! 
The rain had stopped, I pegged out then prepared Day 7's lunch. Pea and ham soup. 20/10 utterly divine! 
Tea later is pasta with a creamy broccoli sauce, then one final spinach and cucumber blast before bed! 

So this afternoon I've finally planted some seeds! It'll be a miracle if they grow so cross your fingers! 

The veg plot/bed thing has been shortened because of a door into the shed but I'm very happy with it.
On the photos you can see I'm reusing the scrap metal the HG brings home from his job for the boy, who sells it for some money for himself! The metal is there to keep *NDFC off. I have to take careful photos because parts of my garden do indeed resemble Steptoe's yard!  But the bits I'm concerned with are pretty! Anyhow do you like my funky little peg labels?
I couldn't find the proper garden labels I have. I'm growing ( fingers crossed ) some shallots, cavelo Nero, carrots, beetroot, radish, peppers, chillis and some various salad leaves. If anything comes up I'll dance a jig! 
Here's a shot of part of my garden in 2013 - it's the same bit where the new bunny is.
Infact you can see the bright green leaves of the plant I've now caged in! Should've done it then. I've still got my hooks, but some of my lanterns are rusty and broken. Will keep an eye out in Poundland and Home Bargains. 

I'm just going to sign off and move my chair into the sun and do a little bit of knitting before tea. 

Hope you've all had a good weekend. 
Lots of love from
Rachel* loves being outside* Radiostar xxx 

*Next Door's F#%^$€g Cat 

10 comments:

  1. I'll choose the pea and ham soup today. I don't think I'd fancy tomato and chilli for breakfast either.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the raw tomato soup put me off on day 3? 4? I can't remember! Anyhow, no way am I trying that one!

      Delete
  2. Dad gave me 3 tomato plants to plant out in buckets an that's all I've grown this year so far. Your blue floer boarder is looking lovely and I like the lanterns too. We too have cats visiting our garden but I have a holly bush and use cuttings at certain calling spots around the garden.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, guess what...I trimmed my holly bush and pushed it into the tree where it likes to climb and hide. Once the cage comes off, holly bush trimmings will be dotted around aplenty.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I'd fancy soup for breakfast either. A banana was a healthy substitute. You've done so well to stick to your eating challenge. Will you do your final weigh tomorrow and what will you do afterwards? Are you going to continue with healthy eating and use some of the recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I'm not going to give up. This is my starter week. I'm aiming to crack on and lose some weight sensibly and healthily sticking to around 1200-1500calories a day. Doing it a week at a time might be a good strategy for me! Final weigh in for this challenge in about ten minutes and yes, I'll certainly use some of the recipes. THANKS Helen xx

      Delete
  4. I think you made the right decision, I like my banana in a smoothie with a few berries and a scoop of oats. Mind you if it wasn't for the dragons breath I would happily slurp down a dish of my very garlicky Hummus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on your blog! I love my nutribullet, it's amazing! We'll have to swap recipes when I see you next :)

    Lots of love,

    Your niece. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely niece x it's actually your cousin's nutribullet ! But we bought her three recipe booklets to go with it!

      Delete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!