Tuesday 16 March 2021

TNB Day 8



 Hello campers! 

The food today was lovely again. 

Poached eggs, steamed broccoli ( I know I know ) but with 5g butter melted on, tasted good! 

Lunch - tuna and chickpea salad with salad dressing 

YUMMY and leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.

Tea - oh my 

Essentially it’s a ratatouille base with cauliflower and Parmesan mash

Says to season with oregano, but I’m not a fan of that, so I went rogue and dashed in the Cajun seasoning! It is so tasty! And LEFTOVERS!!! 





I will make this forever more! Health kick or no! 

So news 

Erm 

A local primary school to me, not mine, has had to close the entire infants dept due to staff testing positive for COVID. Fingers crossed they escape with a mild brief illness at best. 

All is well at my work. 

Today I did playground duty for the Reception class. Oh my stars - I

Imagine a termites nest. Little creatures running at speed, milling about, in their own world. Except for the three cherubs climbing on me, poking me, cuddling me- apparently I was lucky not to be getting licked! 

They were adorable and funny and exhausting- I said to the head if she ever ever put me in their fulltime or even to cover I would be resigning ON THE SPOT!! I am far more comfortable at T’other end of the school. 

Today and yesterday I have had to deliver my kindly understanding periods chat to no less than 5 girls. Poor things. 

This is the top I am making >>>


Even when I was swearing my head off adding the loops as per instructions, which I read at least thrice, I was sure it was wrong and it’s been in my head the whole time how it was going  to work. Well 

Attaching the facing, which is tricky because it is stretch fabric, much much BAD swearing happened because I KNEW I HAD PUT THEM ON THE WRONG WAY!! So unpicking is now the next job. Le sigh. Who said sewing as a hobby is calming and relaxing hahaha 


Tut. 

I was going to write about a thing I often love to think about ..but I’m on my phone as laptop is dead and it’s tricky to write a lot. But I’m going to park it here so I don’t forget. 

You know when you have a funny adventure or something happens with a stranger - the type of story you might have regaled at parties etc ( when we could go to them ) 

I always love to think of their version of events that they might tell their friends at parties!! 

I’ve loads ! 

Am watching the Celeb cancer bake off programme. Bluebell and the HG are watching it from behind their eyelids. I’m going to try my best to stay awake till it finishes. 

Thank you to all for the comments about my rant and I’m glad I’m not alone in my thoughts. 

Hope everyone is well. 

Lots of love from 

Rachel *so full of spinach, she’s turning into Popeye* Radiostar xx 





2 comments:

  1. I love broccoli anyway, but with butter! I've not tried that.....yet :)
    All these meals look so delicious. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top is lovely (despite the difficulties), the food looks and sounds amazing and, work - well, work with children is always - er - different!!
    I'm glad to be retired. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!