Sunday 19 August 2018

1 year and a fortnight.

On 1st August 2017, as followers of this blog might know, was the day I put my big girl pants on and nervously entered the realm of the unknown. Or, followed my friend meekly into the local church hall to the local Slimming World class.
I had a joining voucher and figured I had tried every other flipping diet under the sun with varying degrees of success over the years. The Scared Heart Hospital one I remember fondly.... I can't even remember who I got a copy of it from but it was a three day lose 15lbs kinda thing. I remember day one was eat just bananas and beef and tomatoes or something. I definitely remember day two started with a spoon of peanut butter.
Then I tried The Cambridge diet. Man alive, the hot soups were rank. I did Rosemary Conley's 28 day inch loss plan following the book. I made it to day 23. I went on Toning tables - they were actually ace! 6 tables that you strapped yourself onto in turn and then they moved you around and jiggled your bits! In what I called TGWL2013 ( The Great Weight Loss of 2013 ) I lost 7 stone by calorie counting. I counted every single calorie and logged it via apps on my phone. I kick started that with Slimfast for a month. One massive emotional catastrophe saw me chuck the calorie counting down the pan and then began the cycle of
Right, it's start again Monday...only to unravel any good intentions sometimes by Monday lunchtime. I just couldn't get going with it. One of my best friends had been telling me how good SW was anId seen how it had worked for her, but Inwas still fixated with calories and could not see my trying anything different. My other good friend confided in me that she had started SW and had lost over four stone.
I was fascinated by it and mulled it over and made the gargantuan decision to ask her if I could tag along one week, would she come with me. And that was that. Like a duck to water, I began food optimising.
By the way, I HAD to wear my big girl pants because they were the only ones I had that fit!
I've  posted a few milestones along the way including getting my five stone award on Boxing Day! That's how dedicated I've been - going to class on Boxing Day! It was actually pleasant to get out for the walk!
On the 14th August 2018 I got my Target certificate!

Anyhoo, as I posted on the Pinch Of Nom Facebook page I have chosen not to share my starting and current target weight because those numbers mean nothing to anyone else except me. I find people who ask over and over how much I have lost, or what I weigh now, really intrusive and even though I know it's mostly out of support and natural curiosity, I don't like it. Also when people have asked me, "How much have you lost now?"  I genuinely have to think hard about it because the only numbers I have been focussing on are the ones dealing with my weight loss the previous week. So in my brain I would be thinking - I lost two pounds last week and that is it. That 2lbs would be on my mind. I genuinely, week after week have been unable to predict what the scales would say and in actual fact, those weeks when I have felt slenderer, I've lost half to one pound! Every single week, bar two - weeks 49 and 53 where I maintained, I have lost weight. Losing 3lbs to get to ( and past ) my target.
So here I am, a Target member. It means I don't have to pay any more - though, genuinely, I have t thought about the money at all and I have a lovely new book to read about getting used to life  as a normaller sized human and maintaining my weight and not ending up back where I started plus a few pounds!
Wish me luck folks! I apologise for any typing errors - I am so puppy tired and have checked as much as I can with closing eyes!!
Sorry about the Bluebell photos on the last post. I’ll pop one in from today in a minute.
Til next time where I will be waxing lyrical about my top tips and what I’ve been doing and more importantly eating which in a nutshell, is EVERYTHING ( even nuts - though these are counted out ) and feel worked

Lots of love from

Rachel *total loss 9st 3.5lbs * Radiostar x










30 comments:

  1. Well done you, it is about how you feel about yourself, and I hope you are full of pride, because to was a long journey. How many people get to their target weight, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an absolutely amazing story from start to finish. You have motivated me so much - I've lost impetus and am thinking of SW as a fresh start, even thought I'm not a social kinda girl really and find that sort of thing really hard.
    REALLY looking forward to your top tips, hints, info and everything.
    (Lovely photos too)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is "Wow"! That's a whole other person. You must feel better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C.o.n.g.r.a.t.u.l.a.t.i.o.n.s.!!!!!!!!!!!! and best wishes for maintaining and keeping it down.
    Wow, the puppy is growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! What a wonderful achievement. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ypu are an example to everyone who wants to reach a healthy weight. Finding a way to do it that motivates you has certainly worked. Good luck with your gorgeous wee dog and enjoy the remainder of your break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an inspiration Rachel.
    Huge congratulations on reaching your target.
    Thank you for the puppy fix today. Isn't she just gorgeous?
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congratulations Rachel. Your determination and dedication are amazing. You must be thrilled at what you've achieved, which is so much more than your weight loss.
    Gorgeous Bluebell photographs. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, absolutely amazing, well done you! Little Miss Bluebell is a real cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m a SW member too, targets a long way off for me, I love hearing how other peeps have lost their weight. Well done you, what an amazing loss, how inspiring for those of us who are still working at it. You must feel fantastic knowing what you’ve achieved, well done again xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your puppy is so adorable. I loved reading about the settling in period.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so funny. "I HAD to wear my big girl pants, they were the only ones that fit!"
    You do make me chuckle.
    So, does that mean you lost almost 60 pounds? Sorry, but as an American, I have trouble with stones! Anyway, well done you, whatever the total amount is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! That is a fantastic accomplishment. You must feel great! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s bloomin brilliant. You already know how proud I am of you. You rock, Rach! And bluebell is looking so grown up! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huge congratulations, and a massive thanks from me for inspiring me to get myself to SW. I haven't set a target weight, but my BMI is now 24.3 and I'm a size 12 at 5'7", so I don't think it will be long until I step on the scales and call target. Thankyou again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! What an achievement that is. I hope you are super-proud of yourself. Good luck with the maintenance - I’m sure you’ll ace it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rachel you are amazing, well done. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is truly amazing!! You have been so committed to this weight loss system We don't have SW world over here. I read about so many successful journeys that I'm surprised SW hasn't ventured across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic feat. You deserve all the medals. Go girl, you're on a roll!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Way to go girl, well done you! What an achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done. Bluebell is gorgeous
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, such an amazing achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely amazing work lady. I have a similar amount to lose and have been yoyoing for years. I started SW 25 years ago and have been up and down like a year's knickers and still not where I should and could be. I bow down to you Mrs! Enjoy the fruits of your Labour (speedy ones of course!!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done that woman, a fantastic achievement. Gotta love a springer. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic achievement Rachel. I doubt you'll have to worry about keeping at your target weight now you have Bluebell to run around after :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your achievement and look at all those glittery stars!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh WOW. You have done amazingly well. I am so impressed. Any hints and tips will be very helpful. You are obviously very accomplished at this Food Optimising lark :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. proud of you, because it bloody amazing :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! You really ARE a star! Bloody well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is an amazing achievement, well done! You must feel great. I did Lightlife, then Cambridge. I kept going back to Cambridge so it didn’t work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!