Wednesday 14 June 2017

Facebook Fabric tale 2.




 Firstly, how gorgeous is this material? I saw it on another FB group I'm in, quilting for beginners. Someone said they'd walked into a shop, saw this and they had to have it. Well, it caught my eye ( along with the other 1k plus people who 'liked' the photo and we asked where it was from. The lady said Hobby Lobby. A quick Search on the tinterweb told me it was a US store and the did not ship to the UK. HOW RUDE OF THEM ! Anyway, I lamented my dismay in a comment....only to have a gorgeous human being tell me she would go get some fabric for me and post it to me! Faith in human nature restored! So hello Debbie...you win at being the best human in my week xxx
My fabric collecting is getting out of hand! It's a distraction from real life stuff.






Lola is Miss 22's bunny and Freddie loves her. 











This is Freddie's official Birthday pose! I think he looks rather haughty. 





 Talking of distractions from politics and everything politicky, this tweet had me chuckling a lot. I personally cannot stand the weak chinned simpering fool who poked his nose into education and ruined it. 



Some random photos now... 







 This rather sweet button shaped tin originally had M&S shortbread buttons in it. They are long gone. It now holds my pattern weights!
 I wish I could crochet - this dress is beautiful.



 Half price goodies from Hobbycraft. Thread is always useful.



 Handy
 little square ruler.


 I love this green wool - no idea what it's for yet.

 Half price patterns from Hobbycraft - might make something for Madeleeny.






Last but not least, yet another great shot of the springy one! Cheers me up no end!

I'll leave you with a conversation shared to me by my Night Owls chum and a little owl.

Child: Where's my brother gone?
Adult: He's at the toilet.
Child: He's been aaaaages, when's he coming back?
Adult: He's at the toilet, he'll be back when he's done.
Child: ahhhh, he must be doing a number 3
Adult: A number 3????????
Child: Yes, when you do a number 1 and a number 2 at the same time!!!!!

Good maths work there!



Lots of love from
Rachel *best get her wriggle into gear for work* Radiostar xxx




10 comments:

  1. Oh, that fabric is just gorgeous - I am so jealous!
    And LOL for the number threes. Very logical!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and we now have him ruining the environment further too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots of Freddie, he makes me long for another ESS. The fabric is to die for. I had a good few finds half price in Hobbycraft and have the top left blouse pattern, it is traced off and pinned out ready to cut tomorrow. I am thinking of hacking it into a dress length.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter has a bunny?!? I love bunnies. That final picture of Freddie, ears a'flying,is wonderful! So, will you make a quilt out of that lovely fabric? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little persons conversation. Fab pics of Freddie and the bunny! How fantastic that lovely lady is buying the fabric for you. I'm peeved that mr gove is sec for environment- I've yet to hear him mention wildlife once. It's all about farming. Ps I think that crochet dress, lovely as it is, might be a little bit see-through for you, unless you're feeling Very Daring Indeed :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fabric is pretty stunning.....no wonder you fell in love with it.
    How lovely that someone is going to post you some.

    Gorgeous Freddy pics....he is such a looker....and the bow tie is just ace.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you entirely about Mr Gove. Apart from his retrogressive education policies other reasons for dismay at his return to the Cabinet are:-
    - he was against the Good Friday agreement which has more or less secured peace in the north of Ireland.
    - in a somewhat Trumpish act, he disagreed to the inclusion of global warming in the school curriculum.
    - he was happy to perpetrate outlandish lies about NHS funding during the EU referendum.
    - he was responsible for an act of gross treachery in the last Tory leadership election.
    I like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric was stunning and so heart warming to hear that someone was good enough to post it to you. Loved those ears on the Springy one, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dog is so darned cute, look at those ears!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabric is lovely, there are some really helpful and kind people aren't there. I knit with the WI wool and I really like it.

    Now that's what I call being able to crochet - the dress is beautiful. I would consider myself a true crocheter if I could make something like that. The photograph of Freddie and Lola is so cute and that's definitely Picture 2 for the Freddie calendar.

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend. I have gone from 3/4's to shorts, I'm that hot! xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!