Tuesday 16 May 2017

Peeks into Blogland to say hello.

Hello!
I'm building up to a mahoosive show and tell epic post. This is the truth! It really means I've so many unfinished things on the go that one day I will finish something!

Our beautiful niece married her handsome chap in a truly wonderful wedding this weekend and it was lovely to be a part of the celebrations. It was lovely to spend a full weekend with loved ones and much laughter was had. She looked gorgeous. My friend described her as beautiful, wispy and gorgeous. Sadly, after seeing the photos of me - I will never ever be described as 'wispy'.


The wedding day venue was Poppleton Tithe Barn. Even the title is charming! Google it. It's a full on proper historic building.  The wedding breakfast was pie n mash. Then we were transported to Haxby for the evening where everyone danced the night away to a live band. Pizza and chilli and chips if you had room!

 I'm going to risk bringing on a temper tantrum by showing you a few pics.

Some minutes later...THRICE I HAVE TRIED.




 The barn and garden.

 Instant glamour! ( Look at my 'opposite of wispy' fingers. )
 Aunts Rachel's emergency safety pins to the rescue of the bunting.


Nom.



 The flowers were lovely.

 The HG looked smart and look at his fancy tie knot!

Finally, the new Mr and Mrs. 

The honeymoon is travelling around the world for five weeks. How exciting! 

Oh well, best get a wriggle on. It's 16C at 7.30am. Doesn't bode well for the none wispy of us.....

Lots of love from 

Rachel *hot n bothered* Radiostar xxx



12 comments:

  1. Missing you - it's lovely to read a post.
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had 'stuff' going on that took all my blogging time! X it's lovely to be missed xx

      Delete
  2. Love a wedding, always full of happy people. Wispy is overrated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you can't beat a good wedding and it sounds like a great time was had by all. The setting looks beautiful and the happy couple look...well...very happy. How exciting to go travelling like that.
    I will look forward to your mahoosive post and in the meantime I will admire your very glamorous nails knowing they wouldn't last five minutes on my fingers. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...what a lovely surprise to see a post from you this morning......I do miss you.

    The wedding looks really lovely. Pizza and chilli and chips for the evening...just perfect.
    When my son got married there was a nice cosy close family meal at a restaurant straight after the ceremony but the best thing was the evening do. I made huge bowls of assorted salads and did a salad bar and then Andy arranged for pizzas to be delivered. Everybody thought it was a fab idea and I think it has been copied quite a lot since...lol.

    As a non wispy myself I am eyeing the thermometer a bit suspiciously....it is creeping up today even though it's wet and grey outside.

    Have a fab week.
    Not long until summer break now.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! It all looks lovely - glad you had a good time (and I'll never by wispy either), x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like a beautiful wedding. The bride is beautiful. And I am loving your nails.

    Wispy is overrated I'm sure. I'm sturdy and proud! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wispy, once upon a time, now I am happy to be a non wispy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The venue is beautiful and your niece looks gorgeous. I love HG's tie and the way it's knotted - very classy indeed. Aunty's always have a safety pin in their handbag, plus plasters and tissues. Your nails look fab and I bet you did as well. Wispy is definitely over-rated :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurry back, missing your posts - half term soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you haven't eaten your chocolate. How very restrained of you. I am a bit worried about what you did what the hand that you pinched those nails from. It appears to be missing in the first photo. Missing your cheerful posts- write more, woman! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post rachel ,wAs a fantastic weekend over to quickly , everything was perfect , lots of love & laughter and great to spend a weekend with family & loved ones x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!