Saturday 18 January 2014

My agenda today

It's lovely and early ( 6. 35am  ) and the house is quiet as everyone else is still asleep. The house is warm as the heating is set to come on at 5.30am . The honest reason for this, is... When my two now giant offspring were babies they were early risers and I set the then brand new boiler to come on for four hours in a morning and four at night ( 4.30pm - 8.30pm ). This meant it was toasty for getting up and first feed, and for bath time and bedtime. If it was cold in the day it was put on, or the fire was going.  The reason it is still set is that the clock manual is probably in a *safe place* and I have no idea how to alter it!! So nowadays, it's nice and warm for us all to have a shower and it gets manually knocked off before 8am! I know that some of you frugal lot are gasping at the fact I have central heating and I'm using it .... I make no apologies! I hate feeling cold. Yes I layer up and use hot water bottles ( no radiator in my bedroom right now ) but a warm house is just blissful. The DD goes out every month using up the over payments I made in the Summer so all is well!

So... my agenda for the day
I plan on
Baking some bread
Baking some flap jack
Making broccoli and Stilton soup ( how do you know if Stilton has gone off? No, I'm being serious. I cannot stand strong or stinky cheese and bought it at Christmas to make this soup. I mean it's full of mould to start with!! )
Take stock of everything in my freezers
Make meal plans to use everything up in my freezers over the next few weeks. I buy a lot of meat when it's yellow stickered and shove it in the freezer. Then I forget ( damn you stupid memory ) what I have in there and buy fresh. I've lots of portions of HB meals I've made so I think my meal planner will mostly be for the menfolk and I will eat those. I guess I failed in my pre Christmas eat everything from the freezer quest.
Finish the HG Tax return. Ugh.
Clean the bathroom
Do the laundry
Knit
Watch something good on the telly
Catch up on some blog reading and comment.
Maybe  a trip to Aldi - our local one has been expanded and done up - I may sashay on down for a look. I need some Salad too.
Do my nails in a different colour changing varnish ( keeping Groovy, Groovy mums x )
GO OUT FOR TEA AT 7:45pm
That's like being a proper grown up and everything! Such a treat. I met Liz ten years ago she tells me ( failing memory remember ) and we hit it off straight away. She was the new Year six teacher and I was her slave TA. We had a few fab years working together till her life changed, she met Andy, moved away, married him and had children and moved further away and has now moved a bit nearer again. The bonus to being married to Andy  ( or one of them ) is that he hails from my part of the world and his folks live not too far away, so we manage to catch up when they come oop North for a trip. Well, last year, there was something EVERYTIME stopping us meeting. But not this time!!  Tonight Matthew ( English TV viewers from the 80s/90s will get that phrase lol ) we are meeting at a 'two for one' main meal deal pub!! We do love a bargain! I'm really looking forward to seeing them.
Erm I think that's a pretty full day but you can fill the rest of my list with reasons to get out of doing all the yucky jobs on my list!
Writing this is procrastination number 1!
Oh here are some photos of the new castle, castle mat and people we spent some Night Owls money on. 
Who will save the Princess? 
Ahem.
My colleague and I had a marvellous time putting it together and er testing it out!! The Owlets will get to play next week! It was like Christmas :-)

What's on your agenda today?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a very busy day ahead and will enjoy your tea out. The castle looks wonderful the Owlets should have a fab time playing with it.
    My day is not quite so busy as yours.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel I have done nothing but lie on the couch and watch movies. I seem to have a bit of a bug hope its 24 hour.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!