Tuesday 13 November 2012

Arwedd Asks....The Eleven Blog Tag

Well I was tagged in the snappily titled The Eleven Blog Tag by the lovely Arwedd, who blogs at http://arweddindevon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-eleven-blog-tag.html?m=1
Stepping Out In Faith.

I am so nosy so I find these chain letteresque posts fascinating!

Here are the rules -
Every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you
List 11 questions for the folk you are going to tag, and they should have fewer than 200 followers if possible
Don't back-tag.
Arwedd , I'd love you to answer my questions too!

Now I was one of those kids who participated in the largest record breaking chain letter ever in the world ever in the 1970s. Only the first time round! It had come from Blue Peter. Allegedly. Subsequent letters were somewhat dubious! I had no qualms about binning them - and I'm still here despite what the sinister sender would say would happen to the people who did not keep the chain going!

SO, I am not going to tag anyone else in - I can't properly, I'm on my phone, but if you read this and want to play along, if you pop me a comment in my lovely comment space I'll be right along to read your post! Or if you don't blog, please answer them in my comment space. X

Right, these are my eleven questions set by Arwedd.

1. What Quite Interesting fact do you know?

I know loads of quite interesting facts. It's hard choosing just one. But, did you know that when King Henry V111 was dying, his Doctors could not tell him or anyone as predicting the Monarch's death was treason and they would have been executed!


2. Do you bother with crackers at Christmas?

Good grief, of course I do! One year I made the HG go BACK into the loft, despite much protest, to find the box of cut price crackers I'd bought in the sale the previous January. He couldn't see them. I stated he was 'man looking' therefore NOT LOOKING PROPERLY, and lo and behold he did see them eventually! He reached over to get them, cracking the ceiling plaster, causing it to fall off. Christmas Eve. The most expensive crackers in the world. Costly of replacing ceiling and costly of his good will!!

3. If you could only have 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would they be and why?

Washing Machine - teenagers create towels.
Chargers - phones/laptops/etc - otherwise I wouldn't be here doing this!
FridgeFreezer- I don't have time to shop everyday and I love my ice maker in Summer.

4. What's the #1 most played song on your iPod, CD, record player?
It depends on my mood and I like to play new music a lot to learn the words! So right now, the CD played is Muse and the track is Supremecy. In the car it's Some nights by Fun.

5. What's your favourite day of the week and why?
Saturday - loads of happy memories and time to please myself.

6. What's your favourite body part and why?
Men's thighs - to stroke them of course!!
Ohhh you meant mine??? Don't have one.

7. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
Winning Lottery numbers.

8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
Rachel - Round, Apple shaped, Chatty, Homely, Eager to please, Loving.

9. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
A Hi Fi. Was £99.99 and I used to give my Saturday job wages to my friend's sister as I'd ordered it out of her catalogue! Twin Deck Tape, record player and radio and GRAPHIC EQUALISER!!

10. What story does your family always tell about you?
There's loads. My mum tells of how I sat on her knee when small and declared my name would always be Rachel Radiostar as I was NEVER getting married. And then asked her if I could be a Mummy without a husband?!!!

For more - go ask Lisa!!

11. Do you have any phobias?
Moths, cows, heights, roads amongst others. It's a wonder I make it through each day!!

Thanks Arwedd, I enjoyed that! Hopefully you enjoyed reading it. So if you want a bash at this here are my eleven questions to you...
( I don't even care if you have been tagged before - if you want to answer mine, please do! )
1. First crush - who and would you now?
2. Most expensive single thing you have bought except houses/cars.
3. Your first memory.
4. What was your best subject at school?
5. Have you had your 15 minutes of fame yet?
6. Golden balls - would you split or steal?
7. What's your favourite film of all time? I'll allow you two!
8. Have you ever told a white lie - only to be found out?
9. Most romantic gesture you have given/received.
10. Do you like Marmite?
11. What's your favourite joke?

Over to you - tell me ALL about it!

Here is a lovely photo of Harry reading the latest copy of the Eye Cancer Paper sent to Lisa!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, we always knew Harry was very remarkable but reading such in-depth material at his age is marvellous.

    As for your ques:

    1. Philip H. He's still pretty handsome, although I would have to sort out his bushy eyebrows, that meet in the middle. Mind you, his wife and my DH wouldn't be too pleased. (Hope he doesn't read your Blog). ((Went back and took his surname out!!)

    2. A Gold watch for my DH's birthday, the year we got engaged. Probably just trying to impress him!!!

    3. Waiting on a train station platform, late at night for my Daddy to come home from a business trip. Don't know why it sticks in my mind?

    4. English Lit & Lang. Sorry I'm one of those who likes punctuation.

    5. No and I'm not too sure I want my 15mins of fame either. Knowing my luck it would probably be for something embarassing!!

    6. Just spent 20mins on YouTube to work out what you're on about and watched a woman steal over £100k. Bad Girl! I'd have to split. I couldn't do that to another person.

    7. Sleeping with the Enemy.

    8. Probably!!

    9. None given, is that really bad of me? Received, my engagement ring on a little brdige DH had found which had Wales on one side and England on the other. Guess you had to be there. It was a total surprise, not like youngsters today who seem to plan when to get engaged, what's that all about?

    10. Yes, I lurve it!

    11. I'm currently laughing at the Michael McIntyre trailer, where he has coloured in Wally. Hahahahaha.

    Loved finding out more about you. Thanks for joining in.

    Arwedd xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Rachel I am trying to figure how Christmas Crackers could remove plaster off a ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am terribly phobic about moths too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My answers are here http://suzzelizabethx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-eleven-blog-tag.html please answer my questions too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to visit your blog again .
    Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. Add me to the list of moth-fearers. I'll happy do your 11 questions! I love memes -- sorry for use that word on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. First crush - who and would you now?
    My first real crush I can't name but I still would. I also had a crush on my French teacher at school. Seen her a few years ago and she's still hot. My first celebrity crush was probably page 3 girl Sam Fox. I've no idea why other than the big boobs. I'm a 'brunette' guy, not a 'blonde' fancier lol

    2. Most expensive single thing you have bought except houses/cars.
    Probably my wife's computer

    3. Your first memory.
    Getting a toy car stuck under my play-pen when we lived in our first house. The insurance man was there that day a he got it for me. We moved from that house before I was 2 years old.

    4. What was your best subject at school?
    My favourite subjects were art, geography and history but my best when it came to marks would probably be French

    5. Have you had your 15 minutes of fame yet?
    In my old part-time job, eagle eyed folk spotted me every other week on telly. I was also in The Sun one week doing that job and got Twit-picced too lol.

    6. Golden balls - would you split or steal?
    You start the show with nothing, so anything you win is a bonus. I'd split.

    7. What's your favourite film of all time? I'll allow you two!
    Easy one. Gladiator by far. It's got everything for just about every emotion.

    8. Have you ever told a white lie - only to be found out?
    Lies are lies whatever colour they are and we all get found out sooner or later. So that would be a yes.

    9. Most romantic gesture you have given/received.
    When I first dated my wife, I sent her a single red rose once a month for the first 6 or 7 months. Although romantic, she told me to stop doing it because sometimes I was embarrassing her by sending them to her place of work.

    10. Do you like Marmite?
    I've never tried it *adds to bucket list*

    11. What's your favourite joke?
    Not so much a joke as a response reply I give when asked for a tip. I always reply "yeah, don't eat the yellow snow"

    Ok Rachel... don't delete this time lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I've got to have a go!

    http://obsessivelycompulsivelyyours.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/rachel-asks-the-eleven-blog-tag/

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!