Friday 26 August 2016

All about Freddie

Be prepared for photos of heart melting strength. I accept no responsibility for the words 'Ahhhhhh'or 'awwwwwww' or 'I want one' escaping from your mouth!

Freddie is now ten weeks old. He belongs to Miss 22 and her Young Man. As you know me n the HG have been seriously considering the pattering of little puppy paws for a long time. Mr 19 would have us get one like that * clicks fingers* 

So....here were go. I'm aware that the Internet might just implode because of the cuteness overload! 


 /\ Here he is at just days old ...

 /\ Then he came home. 





    /\ Chewing grass Freddie?


                                 /\ Sit Freddie! 


/\This is Freddie after learning how to get on the settee for the first time! Get down Freddie! 


He is naturally clever ( I would say that! )  and at 9 weeks was sitting to command and fetching! We'd bought him a present and he loves playing with it! 



Watch! 



I usually get a daily selfie from him and I cannot WAIT for him to come and stay! I'm smitten. I've bought him loads of bits n bats and decided to make him a basket to keep things in. I used some Winnie the Pooh material I've had for....now I don't know if this might be the oldest stash piece in the world...20 years! 
I'd bought it when Miss 22 was a baby with a view to making a floor cushion for her toddlerdom! I also used a piece of soft brushed material for the inner lining. 

Just a very simple basket. But my very first one ever! It only took a couple of hours. The longest part was the measuring and cutting! 

I tackled the handles first!
Stitching not too wobbly! 
Pinned the lining in place.
Cut squares from the corners.
Stitch across

And ta daaaa! 

And all I've to do now is fill it with the goodies I've bought!
Going to have a go at making him a little bed this afternoon! 

Lots of love from 

Rachel *loves Freddie* Radiostar xx 








35 comments:

  1. Oh, those eyes, those gorgeous eyes.
    (lovely bag too)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I was really pleased with the bag/basket. I've a feeling I'll bake some more!

      Delete
    2. Bake??? That's cause GBBO is back on! I'll MAKE some more!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that is one gorgeous little bundle of fluffy cuteness....lots of ahhhhhhing and awwwwing going on here.
    Your basket is fabulous. I love making that style and have made many myself. They are so useful-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know how easy they are, I think I'll be making loads more too! Freddie is just so cute!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you just whipped that basket together! Freddie is amazingly cute. Is he some kind of spaniel? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed a step by step on you tube! Freddie is an English Springer Spaniel.

      Delete
  4. Cuteness overload, he is just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely basket, and Freddie is super cute! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! You must tell me if I become a puppy bore!!

      Delete
  6. Love the basket, the fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I've had it stashed away all these years! It's now gone to be at Miss 22s as I did initially get it for her!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, what a handsome chap. I'm so envious! I'm do looking forward to "Freddie" posts. Enjoy xx ( give him a cuddle from me) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Freddie will feature heavily in this blog from now on!

      Delete
  8. Hands up, baby, hands up! Do a victory dance for the squidgiest post and for a great basket. Look forward to seeing the bed, possibly containing Freddie, just for a size check you understand. There isn't many things that are cuter than a Spaniel puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next post will be able to satisfy your bed curiosity!! I'm are all puppy owners think theirs is the cutest! Like mum's and babies I guess!

      Delete
  9. Aw, so cute! My brother has a Springer Spaniel and they are so loving. Congrars on your new granpup x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely feel like he loves us back! He follows Miss 22 all over nose to heel.

      Delete
  10. Aaawwwwww indeed, say no more! Love that bag basket, it's gorgeous and you are a very talented needlewoman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you though I'm not sure I'd class myself as talented! It was basically all straight lines!!

      Delete
  11. awwwwww, he's so cute, love the bag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like I am the first to comment so are you ready......
    Awwwwwww! Awwwwww! Awwwwww!
    Be prepared for lots and lots of more Awwwwwwws Because Freddy is one adorable pup. Look at those eyes!!! Melt your heart for sure!!

    Enjoy!!!

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what order these publish in but your oooohs and awwwws are very welcome anytime! I am smitten!

      Delete
  13. Wow he is the cutest. Love the winnie the pooh basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very cute going to his basket to get his toys out!

      Delete
  14. You couldn't have made my day any happier. I've had a really shite day and little Freddie has cheered me up no end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you had a shite day. Those kinda days are the worst. Glad Freddie made it a bit better X

      Delete
  15. So cute, I'm breathless with it! Love the basket, definitely sounds like you need a 4 legged friend living with you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do...but how will it match the level of cute that Freddie has? Plus it's made me really realise how much hard work they are. I'll definitely have to wait till next Summer now I think.

      Delete
  16. He is very sweet.
    Your holiday sounded lovely. Have you been to St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall? If not you should, I think you'd very much like it. Though you would not like the busy Penzance.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to St Michael's years ago as a teenager when I didn't appreciate it! It us on my must visit again oust.

      Delete
  17. aaaaaaaah Freddy is so cute. Love the toy basket.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to read my words and respond with your own thoughts. I always try to reply so make sure you pop back to see!